World Marked International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People on November 29
- President Mahmoud Abbas said in a message read by Palestine’s Ambassador to the UN Riyad Mansour that despite decades of disappointment and setbacks, the Palestinians remain committed to a multilateral order that respects and ensures respect for international law.
- The UN chief said: “On this International Day of Solidarity, let us reaffirm our commitment to upholding the rights of the Palestinian people .”
- Fatah movement in Egypt marked the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, Fatah also participated in commemoration organized by National Progressive Unionist (Tagammu’) Party.
- Arab League on Thursday commemorated the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, stressing the importance of the Palestinian cause, the commemoration was attended by Ambassadors from Arab countries in Cairo, members of the Regional Leadership Committee of Fatah in Egypt, representatives of international organizations.
US declaration on Israeli settlements
- Palestinian Authority slams U.S. statement recognizing the Israeli settlements, President Abbas refuted the declaration.
- UN ‘regrets’ new US position on legality of Israeli settlements
- Arab foreign ministers reject US position on Israeli settlements, after extraordinary meeting of Arab foreign ministers at the Arab League headquarters.
- Federica Mogherini, the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy stated that Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank threaten to make a two-state solution impossible, the Palestine News Network reported.
- Thousands of Palestinians rallied in several West Bank city centers to protest the latest American declaration on settlements that considered them not inconsistent with international law.
- Presidency, government hold Israel accountable for prisoner’s death after the death of Sami Abu Diyak while in prison.
- OCHA says Israeli authorities demolished 39 structures in two weeks
- The Palestinian Broadcasting Corporation and Egypt’s Media Authority sign MoU to To develop and strengthen joint cooperation in the field of media services between the two countries.
Israeli Violations in Palestine
- Palestinian Prisoner “Abu Dyak” Died in the Israeli prisons
- IOF excessive use of force in the West Bank: 17 Palestinian civilians, including a child and a journalist, shot and injured
- 9 IOF shooting incidents and limited incursions carried out in eastern and northern Gaza Strip, a civilian was wounded;
- 58 temporary checkpoints established in the West Bank, and 1 Palestinian civilian arrested at Beit Hanoun checkpoint in the Gaza Strip.
IOF incursions into the West Bank and house raids:
- 72 incursions into the West Bank, including occupied Jerusalem.
- 59 Palestinians were arrested, including 5 children and a girl.
- 7 IOF violations, including demolition of residential houses as well as a demolition notice in Jerusalem and Hebron.
- 14 settler-attacks on civilians and their properties, causing bruises and fracture to 9 civilians in addition to burning vehicles and cutting trees.
Excessive Use of Force against Protests in the West Bank
– 26 November 2019, Palestinians in Hebron, Bethlehem, west of Tulkarm, al-Birah organized peaceful protests against the U.S Administration’s decision to legitimize Israeli settlements. Israeli soldiers responded with rubber bullets, sound bombs and tear gas canisters at them.
– As a result, ‘Awad Mohammed Fahed al-Ja’bari (27), a staff at Hebron’s Municipality (Health Department) was shot with a rubber bullet in the left foot.
– Abdul Nasser Mohammed al-Laham (17) was shot with a live bullet in the foot. Additionally 15 others suffocated due to tear gas inhalation according to Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS). Israeli soldiers arrested Tha’er Ismail Souman (15) and Ahmed Ibrahim Jalal (19).
– Freelance journalist Abdul Majeed Mohammed Abdul Majeed ‘Edwan (30), from Far’oun village, south of Tulkarm, was shot with a rubber bullet in the left foot.
– 13 civilians aged between (19 – 25) years old were shot with rubber bullets to the lower extremities of their bodies. The wounded civilians were transferred to Palestine Medical Complex in Ramallah for treatment and their injuries were classified as moderate.
Palestinian Prisoner Dies in Israeli Prison
- On Tuesday morning, 26 November 2019, Palestinian prisoner, Sami Abu-Diak (36), from Selah al-Harithyah village, south of Jenin, died at Assaf Harofeh Medical Center in Israel in circumstances raising suspicions of deliberate medical negligence by the Israeli authorities, especially that he suffered from cancer in the abdomen.
Israeli Settler Violence
- On Sunday, 24 November 2019, at least 190 Israeli settlers raided al-Aqsa Mosque yards in occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City. The Islamic Endowment (Awqaf) Department said that 103 settlers and 87 students raided al- Aqsa Mosque yards, under tight protection from Israeli forces’
- On Tuesday, settlers, from “Rahalim“ settlement, which is established on al-Sawiyia village lands, south of Nablus, damaged and cut 30 olive trees planted 30-40 years ago. These trees belong to Mohamed Yousef Suliman, from al-Sawiyia village.
This was Fatah News Weekly report. For more news and updates, visit our website at http://en.fatehnews.org/
By: Khaled Reda and Ebtehal Mohamed.