Israeli Violations in Palestine
The Israeli occupation forces continued their aggression on our Palestinian people by violations against prisoners in the occupation prisons, Establishing Israeli settlement in the Palestinian territories, military notifications, settler attacks, arrests among Palestinian citizens and children, acts of Judaization of Jerusalem, and racist statements in the Israeli media.
Aug 17, 2020
- Israeli artillery shelled two sites to the north and south of the Gaza Strip, WAFA correspondent said, causing heavy damage but no casualties.
- Israeli occupation forces shot and injured a mute and deaf elderly Palestinian man at Qalandia checkpoint located between Jerusalem and Ramallah.
- Israeli arsonists believed to be members of the anti-Palestinian “Price Tag” terror group set fire to 13 Palestinian vehicles in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Beit Safafa, south of the occupied city.
- Israeli occupation forces detained nine Palestinians during raid operations in several areas in the occupied West Bank.
- Israeli police shot and killed a Palestinian man who was not immediately identified in Jerusalem’s Old City.
Aug 18, 2020
- Israeli attack helicopters bombed several sites to the east of Rafah city in the southern besieged Gaza Strip.
- Israeli forces detained eight Palestinians from various parts of the West Bank.
- Israeli bulldozers demolished a residential building in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabal al-Mukabber.
- Israeli police shot and injured a Palestinian during a demolition raid in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Jabal al-Mukkabe.
- Gaza’s sole power plant shut down as the fuel needed to operate it ran out as a result of the Israeli occupation’s closure of Karem Abu Salem crossing, the only commercial border crossing between Israel and Gaza located to the southeast of Rafah.
Aug 19, 2020
- Israeli occupation warplanes bombed several sites in the Gaza Strip.
- Israeli occupation forces detained 18 Palestinians, mostly from the occupied East Jerusalem.
- Israeli forces clamped down on anti-settlement protest to the southeast of Tulkarm city, causing several protestors to suffocate from teargas inhalation.
- Israeli bulldozers today demolished a wall and issued demolition orders against a water pond and a barn in two different villages in the Jerusalem area.
Aug 20, 2020
- A Palestinian teen succumbed to his wounds sustained from Israeli military gunfire in Deir Abu Mashal village, west of Ramallah city.
- Israeli forces detained at least 10 Palestinians from various parts of the West Bank.
- Three Palestinian prisoners in Israeli custody are engaged in an open-ended hunger strike in protest of their administrative detention.
- Israeli forces sealed off the main entrances of Nabi Saleh and Aboud villages, northwest of Ramallah city.
Aug 21, 2020
- For the eighth day in a row, Israeli warplanes early Friday morning bombed several sites across the besieged Gaza Strip.
- Israeli settlers stormed al-Walaja village, located to the northwest of Bethlehem city.
- At least two Palestinians were injured and many others suffocated from teargas, as Israeli occupation forces attacked several protests against Israeli settlements and against the UAE-Israel normalization deal, which set off in many areas across the occupied West Bank.
Aug 22, 2020
- Israeli artillery shelled locations in the besieged Gaza Strip and its navy opened fire at fishermen’s boats in the northern Gaza coast.
- Palestinian residents of occupied East Jerusalem have decided not to tear down their homes with their own hands in defiance of demolition orders issued by the Israeli municipality of West Jerusalem under the pretext of construction without permit and to leave this job to the Israelis, despite the heavy costs.
- Israeli settlers attacked shepherds and cut olive trees in Masafer Yatta in the south of the West Bank, while others set up a mobile home on land in Beita town in the north of the West Bank as a prelude to taking over the land.
- Israeli occupation forces handed notices informing the owners of two buildings in Wadi al-Hummus area, northeast of the city of Bethlehem, south of the occupied West Bank, about their intention to demolish the two buildings.
Aug 23, 2020
- Israeli occupation forces assaulted an old woman and detained seven Palestinians during raids near the city of Ramallah, in the center of the occupied West Bank.
This was Fatah News Weekly Report. For more news and updates, visit our website at http://en.fatehnews.org/
By: Ebtehal Mohamed, Khalid Reda.