US Congress passes resolution supporting two-state solution
- The Presidency applauded the US Congress for supporting the two-state solution and rejecting the annexation of occupied Palestinian land, settlement policy, unilateral measures and for recognizing the aspirations of the Palestinian people to establish their own state.
- The Presidency considered the Congress resolution that passed by a majority of 226 votes in favor to 188 against as “a response to the current wrong policy of the American administration,” the most recent of which was statement by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in which he said that settlements are not inconsistent with international law.
- The government hailed the US Congress for supporting the two-state solution and rejecting the Israeli settlement policy.
- The government said it was hoping that this decision would pave the way for new relations with the United States, “based on the values of truth, justice and equality set by the founding fathers of the United States, hoping that the opposition can overthrow the policies of [Donald] Trump, who is facing a trial which might lead to his ouster.
Meeting of the Executive Committee of (PLO)
- The Palestine Liberation Organization Executive Committee hold a meeting at the presidential headquarters in Ramallah.
- Speaking at the start of a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) at the presidential headquarters in Ramallah, president Abbas said that “there are agreements between us and the Israelis that all of these institutions, including the Orient House, are to continue to function in Jerusalem and carry out their work normally, Yet Israel prevents everyone from working.” Israel’s continuous measures against the Palestinian people, especially in occupied Jerusalem, the most recent of which was the arrest of journalists working for Palestine TV, violates signed agreements. stressing that this situation will not be allowed to continue.
- President made reference to the American hospital in the Gaza Strip and other economic projects planned for Gaza, including an artificial port island and an airport, along with Israeli plans to build a new settlement in the heart of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, which he stressed ” are things that cannot be tolerated ”
- On the issue of the elections, President Abbas said ” There are talks with Hamas so that we can stand on solid ground, which is full approval by Hamas, and after there is an agreement, there remains another important issue which is holding elections in Jerusalem”
UNGA Adopts Four Pro-Palestine Resolutions
- The UNGA adopted the text titled “Peaceful settlement of the question of Palestine” by a recorded vote of 147 in favour to 7 against, with 13 abstentions the Assembly called on Member States to ensure that agreements with Israel do not imply recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the territories it occupied in 1967.
- ” Special information programme on the question of Palestine of the Department of Global Communications of the Secretariat ” the Assembly requests the Department disseminate information on activities of the United Nations system relating to the question of Palestine and peace efforts.
- The Assembly also adopted by recorded vote “Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People” requests the Committee to exert all efforts to promote the right to self-determination of Palestinians and to support the achievement of an end to Israeli occupation.
- The fourth resolution adopted by UNGA “Division for Palestinian Rights of the Secretariat” the Assembly requests the Division to continue to monitor developments relevant to the question of Palestine.
- RIYAD H. MANSOUR, Permanent Observer for the State of Palestine, stressed the need to act seriously to end Israel’s occupation of Palestinian land through all legitimate means available to the international community. “The Palestine question cannot be the exception,” he declared.
International Day of Disabled Persons 2019
- On International Day of Persons with Disabilities: 2.1% of total population in Palestine is disabled according to the data of the Population, Housing and Establishments Census in the year of 2017, said the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS).
- UNRWA reaffirms commitment to promoting rights of Palestine refugees with disabilities through its programs and services and empowering them to participate fully in decisions that affect their lives.
- The Palestinian Presidency slammed the detention of Palestine TV crew in Jerusalem. As a part of the Israeli government’s scheme to entrench Israeli control over the occupied city of Jerusalem and its holy sites.
Projects and schemes In occupied Territories
- The presidency condemned the Israeli new settler project announced by Israel’s new defense minister, Naftali Bennett, regarding the establishment of a settler neighborhood in Hebron’s wholesale market.
- Prime minister ” We are very concerned about American, Israeli projects in Gaza, West Bank, These projects and schemes, which are an outcome of the deal of the century, aim at eliminating the Palestinian national project.”
- Shtayyeh stressed his government’s rejection of all Israeli settlement plans, especially in the cities of Jerusalem and Hebron, and called upon the international community to take immediate measures against such plans.
- The League of Arab States called on all Arab and international media and institutions to support the Palestinian media and journalists in the light of the direct targeting in recent weeks.
Israeli Violations in Palestine
The Israeli occupation forces continued their aggression on our Palestinian people by violations against prisoners in the occupation prisons, Establishing Israeli settlement in the Palestinian territories, military notifications, settler attacks, arrests among Palestinian citizens and children, acts of Judaization of Jerusalem, and racist statements in the Israeli media.
The outcome of the Israeli violations against our people during the past week, according to the office of information and culture of the Fatah movement in Egypt, “Fatah News” as follows:
- 17 violations of the Palestinian prisoners’ jails in the occupation prisons.
- 5 notices of demolition and evictions of homes and lands with multiple arguments.
- 2 violations of the Israeli settlers were by assaulting Palestinian citizens by beating, attacking their agricultural lands by burning or bulldozing trees or burning vehicles and damaging the tires of private vehicles.
- More than 67 citizens were arrested.
- 5 violations against Palestinian citizens in Jerusalem in the context of the Israeli government’s attempts to Judaize Jerusalem.
- 7 racist statements against the Israeli occupation.
-December 01, 2019
- Israeli occupation forces last night detained five Palestinians during raids that targeted several areas across the occupied West Bank
- IOF moved into Hebron. They raided and searched several houses and arrested (4) civilians.
- Israel approves planning of new settler neighborhood in Hebron
- Palestinian political prisoners in Israeli jails Muhsin Faleh Bzour and Islam Weshahi, complete today 17 years behind Israeli prison bars, said the Palestinian Prisoner Society.
- Israeli forces on Sunday morning assaulted students and prevented them from attending their school in the village of Al-Lubban ash-Sharqiya, to the south of the occupied West Bank city of Nablus.
- Israeli gunboats stationed in northwest of Beit Lahia, north of the Gaza Strip, heavily opened fire and chased Palestinian fishing boats sailing within 3 nautical miles.
-December 03, 2019
- Palestinian prisoner in Israeli jails Murad Abu Zaytoon completed today 16 years behind Israeli prison bars, according to his family.
- Israeli forces demolished today two water tanks in ‘Aynoun area in Tubas, in the northern Jordan Valley, according to Aref Daraghmeh, a local activist.
- Israeli occupation forces detained today 12 Palestinians during raids across various West Bank districts, according to the Palestinian Prisoner’s Society
– December 04,2019
- Israeli forces Wednesday seized a Palestinian-owned vehicle in the town of as-Sawahira ash Sharqiya, to the southeast of the occupied West Bank city of Jerusalem, local sources said.
- Bulldozers of fanatic Israeli settlers Wednesday razed Palestinian-owned lands in the village of Burin, to the south of the occupied West Bank city of Nablus, according to local sources.
- Israeli forces today detained at least 11 Palestinians in multiple overnight raids across the West Bank.
- Israeli forces dismantled a shack and two residential structures in Abu Nuwwar and Wadi Abu Hindi Bedouin communities, located to the southeast of Jerusalem because they say they’re without permits.
- Israeli forces today detained two students after storming a school campus in the northern West Bank village of Urif, south of Nablus.
- IOF stationed along the border fence, east of Khan Younis, southern Gaza Strip, fired tear gas canisters at agricultural lands, east of al-Qararah northeast of the city. As a result, farmers had to leave the area.
- Israeli forces today sealed off the northern entrance to Nahalin town, located to the west of the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem, said a municipal source.
-December 05, 2019
- Israeli forces today overnight detained at least 14 Palestinians from various parts of the West Bank, said security and local sources.
- Israeli settlers set up a mobile home on Palestinian land belonging to the villagers of Burqa, located to the north of Nablus city.
- Israeli forces demolished four Palestinian residential structures and a blacksmith workshop in the southern West Bank district of Hebron.
- Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian farmers in Umm al-Arayes village, located to the east of Yatta in the southern West Bank district of Hebron.
- Israeli forces escorted a bulldozer to al-Walaja village entrance located to the west of Bethlehem, where the heavy machinery tore down a garage and a car wash purportedly for being built without licenses.
– December 06, 2019
- Israeli intelligence officers broke into the filming scene during the broadcast of “Good Morning Jerusalem” on the Mount of Olives and detained Palestine TV crew and seized their equipment in the latest attack against Palestinian media outlets in the occupied city of Jerusalem.
- Israeli forces detained overnight at least four Palestinians from the West Bank districts of Tulkarem and Bethlehem.
-December 07, 2019
- IOF arrests a citizen from occupied Jerusalem.
This was Fatah News Weekly report. For more news and updates, visit our website at http://en.fatehnews.org/
By: Khaled Reda and Ebtehal Mohamed.