Israeli Violations in Palestine
The present report is a monthly report which has been prepared by Fatah Movement in Egypt -English Department- to provide an update on Israel’s violations and crimes against the land and people of Palestine, military notifications, settler attacks, racist and inciting statements, and activities aimed at creating and expanding settlements in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. Such grave violations of international law illustrate Israeli policies of annexation and colonization the it continues to commit.
1 April, 2020
- Israeli occupation forces shot and injured two Palestinians in the northern West Bank districts of Tubas and Nablus, according to the Palestinian Prisoner Society (PPS) and security sources.
- The Israeli occupation authorities continue to forbid Palestinian families in occupied East Jerusalem from celebrating and enjoying the release of their sons after spending years in prison and threaten to re-arrest the freed prisoner.
- Israeli occupation police raided a tent in occupied Jerusalem where celebrations were taking place in honor of Ghazi Kanaan, a Palestinian prisoner who was just released from Israeli detention after 11 years in prison,and detained his brother.
2 April, 2020
- Colonial Israeli settlers last night embarked on razing a settler-only road at the expense of a Palestinian-owned land near the village of Battir, west of Bethlehem city in the occupied West Bank.
- Five Palestinian young men sustained gunfire injuries during an Israeli army incursion into Askar refugee camp, near the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank.
- At least six Palestinians were injured and many others sustained suffocation from teargas this day, when Israeli occupation forces attacked two anti-settlement rallies in the villages of Al-Mughayyir and Beit Dajan in the occupied West Bank.
- Several Palestinians, including two reporters, were injured by rubber-coated rounds as Israeli occupation forces attacked the weekly anti-settlements protest in the village of Kafr Qaddum, in the northern West Bank.
3 April, 2020
- The Israeli occupation army summoned a 14-year-old Palestinian boy from Tuwwaneh village in Masafer Yatta in the south of the West Bank for interrogation at a location in the illegal settlement of Kiryat Arba, south of Hebron.
- Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian farmers in the village of Jaloud to the south of Nablus, in the northern occupied West Bank.
4 April, 2020
- Israeli occupation forces the night before opened gunfire at a Palestinian young man in the village of Qatanna, about 12 km northwest of occupied Jerusalem, and arrested him while bleeding.
- Hardcore Israeli settlers today uprooted and destroyed scores of olive saplings for Palestinian farmers in the village of Qusra, near the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank.
- Israeli occupation authorities demolished an Arab-owned house in the city of Lob in the 1948-occupied land, under the pretext that it was built without a permit, according to Arab 48 website.
- Israeli occupation authorities forced a Palestinian citizen to demolish his own house in the neighborhood of Jabal al-Mukabbir in occupied Jerusalem, under the pretext of lacking a construction permit.
5 April, 2020
- Israeli navy targeted Palestinian fishing boats sailing off the northern Gaza coast forcing them to end their work and return to shore.
- Israeli occupation forces stormed the northern Jordan Valley community of Humsa al-Fouqa, southeast of Tubas, and took pictures of the residents’ tents, which is usually a prelude to a demolition raid.
- Israeli forces placed two mobile homes on lands belonging to the Palestinian village of Asira al-Qibliya, south of the occupied West Bank city of Nablus, as a prelude for expanding the nearby illegal Israeli settlement of Yitzhar.
6 April, 2020
- A Palestinian man was killed and his wife injured after they were shot by Israeli army gunfire near the village of Beir Nabala, northwest of occupied Jerusalem, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
- The wife of a Palestinian man shot and killed early this morning by Israeli army gunfire near the village of Beir Nabala, northwest of occupied Jerusalem, said that the soldiers opened fire at their car after they were told at a checkpoint to proceed on the road.
- Israeli police raided a hotel in occupied East Jerusalem to suppress an event on Palestinian elections and detained two Palestinians, including the hotel manager.
- Israeli occupation forces detained six Palestinians and assaulted two others in raids across the West Bank.
- Israeli settlers assaulted the mayor of the northern West Bank town of Sebastia, Mohammad Azem, when he intervened to prevent the settler from abducing a child.
- Palestinian officials lashed out at Israel for banning a meeting in occupied East Jerusalem on Palestinian elections, accusing Israel of violating signed agreements.
- Palestinians clashed with Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint northwest of Jerusalem following the funeral of a man the soldiers killed earlier in a village near Ramallah.
7 April, 2020
- Israeli settlers Tuesday evening assaulted a Palestinian mother and her baby in the southern West Bank city of Hebron, according to local sources.
- Israeli forces Wednesday overnight detained at least 20 Palestinians from various parts of the occupied West Bank, according to the Palestine Prisoner’s Society (PPS).
- The Israeli occupation authorities today demolished several Palestinian structures in the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Issawiya.
- Hundreds of Israeli settlers stormed the archaeological site of Sebastia, north of Nablus city.
- A Palestinian elderly woman died after being struck by an Israeli settler near As-Samu‘ town, south of Hebron city.
- Israeli occupation authorities issued orders to demolish several structures in the area of al-Jiftlik village, north of Jericho, in the Jordan Valley.
- Israeli demolition orders were issued today against 63 Palestinian-owned structures in the Jordan Valley community of al-Ras al-Ahmar.
8 April, 2020
- Thousands of hardcore Israeli settlers broke into Islamic shrines in the northern West Bank village of Kufl Haris where they conducted Jewish rituals.
- More than 100 Israeli settlers protected by police three buildings and a plot of land in Silwan neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem.
- At least six Palestinians of one family were detained by the Israeli occupation during a raid of a building in the city of Hebron, south of the occupied West Bank.
9 April, 2020
- At least nine Palestinians, including a photojournalist, were injured when Israeli occupation forces assaulted them while they were holding a nonviolent protest in the occupied Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah. The protest was held against Israel’s plan to evict dozens of families in the neighborhood in favor of settler organizations.
- A 13-year-old Palestinian child lost his right eye after he was shot at by Israeli occupation forces in the neighborhood of Bab al-Zawiya, in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
11 April, 2020
- Israeli occupation forces infiltrated into borderline Palestinian-owned lands north of Al-Maghazi refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip, razing agricultural lands and randomly shooting at shepherds.
- Israeli forces kicked Palestinian farmers out of their land in the town of Beit Ummar, north of Hebron, in the southern occupied West Bank.
- Israeli forces dismantled and seized for the second time an agricultural shed belonging to a Palestinian resident in the town of al-Khader, south of the southern occupied West Bank district of Bethlehem.
12 April, 2020
- Israeli occupation forces detained at least 28 Palestinians from various parts of the occupied territories.
- Israeli occupation forces tore down a tent and seized equipment in Masafer Yatta, south of the southern West Bank city of Hebron.
- Israeli occupation forces demolished a Palestinian-owned house to the east of the southern occupied West Bank city of Bethlehem.
- Israeli settlers, accompanied by heavy machinery, leveled around 15 dunums of land in the village of Jaloud, south of Nablus.
13 April, 2020
- A former Israeli spy joined scores of settlers in storming Joseph’s Tomb in the northern West Bank city of Nablus.
14 April, 2020
- The Journalists’ Syndicate called for the protection of a Palestinian journalist who was interrogated by the Israeli intelligence services on Spanish soil.
- Violence by Israeli settlers against Palestinian civilians in the occupied West Bank has risen markedly in recent months, with assaults and property destruction occurring in an atmosphere of impunity, UN human rights experts said.
- For the second night in a row, Israeli police banned the entry of Ramadan Iftar meals to Palestinians at Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem’s old city, and then attacked Palestinians as they were leaving the night prayers at the Mosque.
15 April, 2020
- Dozens of Israeli settlers in about 15 cars paraded near a school in Khirbet Ibziq community, northeast of Tubas in the occupied northern Jordan Valley, causing panic among the children.
- Israeli settlers broke into the northern West Bank village of Jaloud, southeast of Nablus, cut trees and a fence surrounding a plot of land, stole equipment and caused damage to construction material at the site.
16 April, 2020
- Israeli warplanes struck several sites in the besieged Gaza Strip.
- Israeli police detained eight Palestinians from East Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque compound amid tensions surrounding the holy month of Ramadan.
- Compared with Ramadan 2020, when the mosque was devoid of any worshipper, thousands of Palestinians today attended the prayers of the first Friday of Ramadan at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque Compound.
- At least four Palestinians were injured by Israeli rubber-coated bullets today during protests and subsequent clashes with the Israeli occupation forces in the villages of Beit Dajan and Kafr Qaddum in the occupied West Bank.
17 April, 2020
- Two people were injured in Israeli air raids on the besieged Gaza Strip as several areas were hit with missiles, destroying the sites and causing damage to civilian homes.
- The Israeli targeting of donor-funded aid to the Palestinian people more than doubled in the first quarter of 2021, compared with the monthly average in 2020, according to the March report by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in the occupied Palestinian territory on West Bank demolitions and displacement.
- Israeli settlers torched dozens of years-old olive trees in the town of Beit Fajjar, south of the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem.
- Israeli occupation forces banned candidates running for the upcoming Palestinian Legislative Council elections from holding a press conference in occupied Jerusalem, and detained three of them.
18 April, 2020
- Israeli occupation police attacked hundreds of Palestinian worshipers as they were leaving the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound via Damascus Gate in the occupied capital Jerusalem, injured nine of them and detained one.
- Two Palestinian political prisoners and brothers in Israeli detention complete 28 years in a row behind Israeli prison bars.
19 April, 2020
- Israeli settlers razed Palestinian-owned lands in the area of Khirbet al-Hamma Bedouin community in the northern Jordan Valley raising concern of the local Palestinian residents.
- The Israeli occupation authorities started the construction of new colonial settler units in the northern Jordan Valley.
- The Palestinian Water Authority condemned the vandalism of the main water reservoir in Asira al-Qibliya village, southwest of Nablus city.
20 April, 2020
- The Israeli municipality of West Jerusalem forced a Palestinian resident of the occupied eastern part of the city to demolish his own house under the pretext that it was built without a permit.
- Israeli police attacked Palestinians who gathered at Damascus Gate area in East Jerusalem following the night prayer at Al-Aqsa Mosque and dispersed them by force.
- Israeli occupation issues demolition and stop construction orders against 13 Palestinian-owned houses
21 April, 2020
- The Israeli army infiltrated Gaza’s border, east of Rafah city, and leveled farmlands.
- Israeli settlers stormed the archeological site of Sebastia, north of the West Bank city of Nablus.
22 April, 2020
- The Israeli occupation authorities approved the appropriation of a large tract of Palestinian-owned land, west of the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem.
- For the second consecutive day, the Israeli occupation army today infiltrated Gaza’s southern border, east of Rafah city, and leveled farmlands.
- Israeli occupation forces detained seven Palestinians from various parts of the occupied territories.
- Israeli occupation authorities ordered today a number of Palestinian families in the Bedouin village of Ibziq, in the northern Jordan Valley region in the occupied West Bank, to leave their homes to make way for Israeli military training in the area.
23 April, 2020
- Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian vehicles travelling between the northern West Bank cities of Nablus and Jenin.
- A Palestinian protester was injured and many others sustained suffocation from gas inhalation, as Israeli occupation forces attacked dozens of activists protesting in the occupied West Bank village of Kafr Qaddum against the Israeli colonial settlements.
- Hardcore Israeli settlers uprooted and destroyed 13 olive trees belonging to a Palestinian citizen in the village of Hares, near the town of Salfit in the occupied West Bank.
24 April, 2020
- The Jerusalem uprising, as it has been dubbed (in Arabic intifadat al-Quds), raged last night in occupied Jerusalem for the 11thnight in a row in protest against Israeli police and settlers’ provocations and assaults on the city’s Palestinian residents, and expanded to reach the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- Three people were injured by Israeli army gunfire and many sites were destroyed in several Israeli strikes on the besieged Gaza Strip.
- Israeli settlers and soldiers attacked Palestinians in Twwani and Mafqara communities of Masafer Yatta, south of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, causing injuries.
- Clashes renewed for the third night in a row today as Israeli occupation forces attacked hundreds of Palestinian worshipers, who were gathering at Damascus Gate plaza in the old city of the occupied capital Jerusalem for the daily Taraweeh prayers of Ramadan.
25 April, 2020
- Three Palestinian youths sustained gunfire injuries during clashes with the Israeli occupation army in the village of Al-Lubban ash-Sharqiya, to the south of Nablus city in the occupied West Bank.
- The Israeli occupation authorities issued a three-month administrative detention order against Palestinian journalist Alaa Rimawi.
- After 13 days of clashes in and around Jerusalem’s Damascus Gate, Palestinians were able to force the Israeli police to reopen the plaza and remove the barricades that shut down the area for the youths.
26 April, 2020
- Israeli occupation authorities prevented Palestinian fishermen from accessing Gaza sea.
- Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian vehicles with rocks on the road linking the West Bank cities of Nablus and Jenin.
- The Israeli occupation authorities leveled Palestinian-owned land in the villages of Deir Qadis and Nilin, west of Ramallah, to prepare the land for the construction of a new settlement.
- in a precedent the first of its kind in the region, seven Palestinian owners of vegetable stalls in the Jordan Valley received notifications from the Israeli Settlements Council to remove their stalls.
- Israel proceeded to expand the illegal settlement of Brukhin, built on expropriated land from the northern West Bank town of Bruqin.
27 April, 2020
- The Israeli closure of the sea in the Gaza Strip increases the suffering of the fishermen who are paying a heavy price for the practices of the Israeli occupation authorities.
28 April, 2020
- Israeli navy shot and injured a Palestinian fisherman offshore Beit Lahia town in the northern besieged Gaza Strip.
- Israeli settlers Wednesday overnight set three Palestinian-owned vehicles ablaze near the village of Beit Iksa, northwest of the occupied West Bank city of Jerusalem.
29 April, 2020
- Palestinian families in Humsa al-Fouqa community in the northern Jordan Valley were told by the Israeli army to leave their homes on Monday.
- A Palestinian shepherd was injured extremist Israeli settlers severely assaulted him northwest of the occupied West Bank city of Jenin.
30 April, 2020
- A Palestinian man sustained injuries he was shot by Israeli occupation forces near the village of al-Nashash, south of the city of Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.
- At least six Palestinians were injured by Israeli gunfire during protests and subsequent clashes with the Israeli occupation forces in the villages of Beit Dajan and Kafr Qaddum in the occupied West Bank.
By: Khaled Reda, Ebtehal Mohamed.