The Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) continued their attacks on our Palestinian people, including violations against prisoners in Israeli jails, Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories, military notifications, settler attacks, arrests of Palestinian citizens and children, and the Judaization of Jerusalem.
The outcome of the Israeli violations against our people during the past week, according to the information and culture bureau of the Fatah movement in Egypt, “Fatah News”, are as follows:
- 25 violations against Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.
- 8 notices of demolition and eviction of houses and land with multiple arguments.
- 9 violations by Israeli settlers, including beating Palestinian citizens and assault on their agricultural lands by burning, bulldozing trees, burning vehicles and damaging tires of private vehicles.
- 60 citizens were arrested, including 4 children.
- 8 violations against Palestinian citizens in Jerusalem in the context of the Israeli government’s attempts to Judaize Jerusalem.
The following is a summary of Israeli violations:
Violations against Palestinian Prisoners in Israeli Prisons
– Palestinian prisoner Nael Barghouthi entered his 40th year in Israeli jails which is the longest period of a Palestinian prisoner in Israeli jails
– The Israeli Prison Administration continues to isolate Yacoub Mustafa Hussein, despite his suspension of his strike in protest against his isolation, after receiving repeated promises to end it.
– Abdullah Samhan, 29, suspended his 12-day hunger strike to protest against the continued detention of his sister, Rawan Samhan, who was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
– The Israeli authorities return the sick prisoner Sami Abu Diak from the Israeli hospital “Assaf Harofeh” to which he was transferred few days ago to the Ramle Prison clinic in a difficult and dangerous condition.
– Two prisoners Saed Mohammed Ali Salah, and Alam Matar Mohammed Melhem entered their 16th year in Israeli jails.
– IOF isolates prisoner Nael Barghouti (62 years) in the cells of the jail “Beersheba – Eshel”, and threatened to transfer him to another jail.
– IOF arrested the wife of the Palestinian prisoner Ramadan Eid Mashahra and his brother during their visit to him in Hadarim prison, without knowing the reason.
-IOF takes the sick prisoner Sami Abu Diak to the hospital again, after a new deterioration in his health.
-IOF arrested Aus Zuhair Owais from Jenin refugee camp to 14 months’ imprisonment with 3,000 shekels fine.
– Shadi Mousa, 43, suffered a heart attack while he was in the Negev prison.
-Three medical conditions remain in the Israeli jails, one of them is the prisoner Mohammed Daoud (25 years), Bashar Shawahneh (45 years), and Samar Abu Zahir ( 36 years).
– The Israeli occupation court in Beersheba rejects the request to reconsider the release of the elderly prisoner Fuad al-Shobaki (81 years).
– The Supreme Court of the Israeli Occupation holds a hearing for the prisoner Mus’ab al-Hindi, who has been detained since September 4, 2019, on hunger strike for 59 days, to hear the petition against his administrative detention.
– Ahmad Zahran, 42, and Mus’ab al-Hindi, 29, continued their hunger strike against their administrative detention in Israeli jails for more than 50 days.
– Abdullah Naji entered his 18 years old in Israeli jails, while Saeed Ali Saleh Hathnawi and Ahmed Talat entered their 14 years.
-Eyad Mohammed Ahmed Abu al-Rub who sentenced to life imprisonment, entered his 15 years in Israeli jails.
Expansion of Israeli Settlement in the Palestinian Territory:
-Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu approved the presentation of a bill that would apply Israel’s sovereignty to the Jordan Valley.
– Israeli forces demolished two houses in Shuqba village, northwest of Ramallah, belonging to Abdel Jaber al-Masri. They raided Ein Qinya village, west of Ramallah. Where IOF razed farmers’ trees in the village.
– IOF notified Mohammed Mousa Zain of demolishing his 160-meter-long house in Khelet Ghaziwi.
– The Israeli occupation forces demolished two houses in al-‘Arroub refugee camp, north of Hebron, under the pretext of non-licensing. The houses belong to Khaled Khanna and his brother Nabil, who are located in Al-Bass area on the outskirts of the camp.
– IOF also demolished a house belonging to Mohammed Ali Dababseh, for the second time. The demolition took place after the Israeli court rejected his petition against the demolition order in Khallet al-Dabaa, south of Hebron.
– Israel continues its policy of demolishing the homes of Jerusalemites, where the IOF demolished a house in Jabal Mukaber belonging to Fouad Grove
-The municipality forced the family of Mousa Awwad Khalayla to demolish their house in the same town; On the pretext of the lack of a license, to avoid the huge cost of the demolition in case of destructing the house by their bulldozers.
– The bulldozers of the municipality also demolished a house in Al-Ashqariya neighborhood in Beit Hanina, north of occupied Jerusalem. On the pretext of the lack of a license. The house belongs to Majdi ‘Aloun.
– A number of Palestinian civilians were injured in an attack by settlers on Palestinian houses in Wadi Al-Husayn area near the settlement of Kiryat Arba in Hebron. Where Nasser Fahad al-Ja’bari was wounded in the face. His sons and brothers were injured in another attack by settlers, spraying them with nerve gas, and breaking a storefront.
– The settlers also attacked a number of Palestinian houses, including the house of Mohammed Rabie al-Ja’bari.
– Ra’ed Khalil Salah, 45 years old, from Al-Khader village, south of Bethlehem, was injured by settlers while he was harvesting olives in his land south of the town. He was beaten, wounding him in his face. Dozens of settlers gathered on the main street in the town. Tekoa, southeast of Bethlehem and organized a march of vehicles in protest.
– A number of settlers attacked 10 vehicles near Za’tara checkpoint and threw stones at them. IOF seized a “digger” owned by ‘Issa Makhlouf from Asira al-Qibliya village south of Nablus. After this they broke into his workplace near the settlement of Yitzhar.
– Settlers set fire to large areas of the village of Burqa near the emptied settlement of “Homesh” in the area of Al-Hefira village, and the Israeli occupation forces prevented citizens from accessing these lands to control the fire.
– Settlers infiltrated the northern area of Kafr al-Dik near the perimeter of the schools, damaged tires of about 50 vehicles. They also wrote racist slogans on the same vehicles. They marked the walls of the houses in Hebrew by “closed military zone”.
– In a provocative move because of its implications of forging the history of the city of Hebron, the settlers affixed stone carvings engraved with candlestick on one of the arches of the old city of Hebron, claiming that it is “carving lighthouses” and it was a historical symbol of the Jews in the old Hebron.
– Settlers infiltrated into Majdal Bani Fadel and Qablan village south of Nablus, burned a number of vehicles, attacked the house of Thaer Hanaysheh from Beit Dajan village, east of Nablus, burned his vehicle and wrote racist slogans.
– A number of Palestinian civilians, including Ahmed ‘Abdullah Khalil Ammar, 25 years old, from Qafin village, were wounded at the gate of the Apartheid Wall west of Nazlet Eissa, north of Tulkarm. After trying to stop them from picking olives, Israeli soldiers opened fire at Ahmed Ammar.
Arrests in West Bank and Jerusalem:
-IOF carried out a number of incursions into West Bank, including occupied East Jerusalem: 73 arrested, including 4 children.
-IOF arrested five citizens, including two children from Silwad town east of Ramallah.
-IOF arrested 12 citizens from Hebron, five in the Al-Haram Al-Ibrahimi area, 5 from southwest Hebron, one from Nablus and one from Jerusalem.
-IOF arrested 25 citizens, from Ramallah city, 7 citizens, including two children, three youths in Hebron, from Al-Aroub refugee camp north of Hebron, and 15 citizens from Al-Eisawiya town.
-IOF arrested six Palestinians in West Bank, 4 youths from Salfit, one from the town of Bruqin, 2 youths in Hebron governorate from Tulkarm refugee camp, one from Jerusalem.
-IOF arrested 4 citizens in Hebron from the town of Al-Shuyoukh, and a citizen in Jerusalem from Silwan town south of Al-Aqsa Mosque.
-IOF Arrested Four Citizens from Dura City, South Hebron, and a youth
from the town of Samoua south of Hebron.
-IOF arrested two youths from Al-Issawiya town in occupied Jerusalem.
Judaization of occupied Jerusalem
- Storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque
-Elements of the Israeli occupation police stormed the vicinity of Bab al-Rahma mosque, while dozens of settlers stormed the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque from the door of the Moroccans, and carried out provocative tours in its courtyards, amid objection slogans of students and worshipers in the courtyards. An Israeli archaeologist participated in the storming of the Bab al-Rahma mosque and carried out a tour to examine the place while he was accompanied by a number of Israeli police officers.
- Targeting Citizens
-The Israeli occupation police killed a youth on the tunnels road southwest of Jerusalem after the Israeli police opened fire on a driver of a vehicle after chasing him. He was martyred from his injuries.
III. Confiscation of Civilian Property and closure of facilities:
-Israeli occupation authorities closed Palestinian institutions in Jerusalem for six months by a decision signed by the Israeli Minister of Internal Security Gilad Ardan.
-IOF seized dozens of vehicles at the entrance of the tunnel leading to the villages northwest of Jerusalem, where the Israeli soldiers closed the tunnel, the only road leading to the villages of northwest of Jerusalem, which is the home to approximately 60 thousand people.
– IOF prevented workers in the Bedouin Mount of Pope near the town of Al-Eizariya, southeast of occupied Jerusalem, from renovating the entrance which was swept a week ago.
IV – Demolition and Confiscation of Real Estate:
-IOF demolished a house in Jabal Al-Mukaber, southeast of occupied Jerusalem, where bulldozers of the Israeli municipality in Jerusalem, accompanied by reinforced Israeli army forces, raided Deir Al-Sunna area in Jabal Al-Mukaber.
– The Israeli municipality forced the family of Mousa Awwad Khalayleh to demolish his 130-year-old house in the town of Jabal al-Mukaber, southeast of Jerusalem.
– IOF raided the house of Maqdisi Nasser Ajaj, where the Israeli occupation forces raided his house in Wadi al-Joz in Jerusalem and searched it and tampered with its contents.
By: Khaled Reda, Ebtehal Mohamed